Thursday, March 25, 2010

Mark Twain

A few years ago,
When I had some serious decisions to make,
but I was so scared that I would make a terrible mistake,
one of my friends quoted an elderly friend of his as saying,
'When your old, and you look back at your life,
you don't regret the things you tried and failed,
you regret the things you never tried.'
So I went for it.
Times have not always been easy.
As a matter of fact,
there have probably been more hard times than easy times,
but I've always went back to that statement.
And I don't regret the decision I made
to go for it!
Well today, I came across a quote that was so similar to that quote.
But this one was attributed to Mark Twain....
'Twenty years from now
you will be more disappointed
buy the things you didn't do
than by the ones you did.
So throw off the bowlines,
Sail away from the safe harbor.
Catch the trade winds in your sails.
Explore. Dream. Discover.
Wow, I love that.

No comments:

Post a Comment